The people of Iscandr
+2 to One Ability Score: Human characters gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st levels.
- Nimble Attacks: The people of Iscandr have evolved fist fighting and swordplay to incorporate grace instead of brute force. They receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
- Stubborn: Iscandish humans gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if they fail such a save, they receive another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). The second save is made at the same DC as the first. If they already have a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), they can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails.
- Deceptive: The people of Iscandr have always found a need to guard their thoughts and motivations. Bluff is always a class skill.
- Swimmer: Iscandish children are taught to swim as newborns. Swim is always a class skill.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).